the day will come...


Inscription: "The day will come when our silence will be more powerful than the voices you are throttling today." Victims hung 1887. Haymarket Martyrs' Monument, Erected: June 25th, 1893. Forest Home Cemetery, Forest Park, Illinois. (AKA The Anarchist's Monument)

Today was good. Started off with some mild house cleaning, followed by a blast of emails and contract work. Then, Richard Cahan and Mike Williams took me out for lunch at Russell's BBQ in Oak Park. It was an absolute blast! THANKS GUYS! If I knew Cancer was going to get me endless lunches, I would have gotten it earlier! So, why do people with Cancer lose weight again?? I love eating... But no, really, Russell's was cool. It's an old Oak Park BBQ joint that looks like it hasn't changes since the 60's! After lunch, we made a pit stop at Forest Home Cemetery. As most people know, I'm into that kind of thing. However, I did not know that the Haymarket Martyr's Monument was there... right there, just a few miles from our house. Awesome! If you're not up on the history of the Haymarket Riots, May Day, etc... Google it, and read up. It's great Chicago, if not world, history.

After lunch, I finished a few design sketches, then made calls to NW, and some other support groups. Nothing of overwhelming interest, but I did glean some new information about Y90 treatments and how effective it is on my type of Cancer. I feel liked I'm getting armed to meet with my doctors. If you go in with questions, data, facts, etc... the better off you are.

After work, Andrea and I took a nice walk around the neighborhood. We even stopped down at the local "Tap Room". It's a real dive.... I mean real crappy! We bought 2 beers for $5, and there was this guy, a "meat man", selling meat. Weird, he had on a white butcher's coat on and all that jazz. Who sells meat at a dive bar? And then, some guy, Melvin, who had NO TEETH, talked to us for a while. I have no idea what the hell he was talking about... something about meat, or hot dog trucks, or something? This guy was wasted, but nice. I got the impression he was a regular. Nevertheless, it was great fun. Oh, and Andrea bought a lotto ticket for some huge jack-pot. I think it's a waste of a buck....but if she wins tomorrow, well, then I'm the fool! But hey, anything for my darling! If you want a lotto ticket, it's all yours baby! I'm a high-roller like that! A dollar and a dream...right? You can't win if you don't play? Now, that 's not very "anarchist" of me, now is it?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tickets to Germany: Bad Berka

...a long winded story not written all that well.

On the refrigerator...