not my best side

Yup, that's me today getting my OctreoScan (photo by Andrea). From what I was told, it's a Gamma Ray scanner. So, they injected me with some "junk" that makes my guts glow and I sat in there for about 2 hours. It was painless, albeit boring. At least we got to leave the hospital today for a few hours and go book shopping! I bought a new book on the evolution of the "Motel in America", can't wait to read it... god knows I have plenty of time while at the hospital. After the hospital, I spent the rest of the afternoon sending medical records to doctors for 2nd opinions. It's a tiring, lackluster process! However, Andrea and I did get out for a bit tonight to hit a new Indian restaurant in town. Then, we went to a reading of T.C. Boyle's "4 Women" about Frank Lloyd Wright. He signed our book after the reading at Wright's Unity Temple. Andrea and I got married there, so it was nice to go back, since we haven't really since. After all that, we came home to get some actual work done! So, a long day, but not so bad.
And oh, I got my MRI Radiologist's report back today. No abnormalities were seen in the lower/upper abdomen, so, that's good news. However, the Octreo is more sensitive, so, that may show something? Fingers still crossed for a clean gut! One more day of scanning, and then hopefully we can get down to the consult/treatment process. As always, we'll keep you posted!

Comments

  1. I like the purple tinge. Is that your photographic work? What is that technique called?

    As long as you take this approach, you will be in good shape. You can control your body, work with it, converse with it, and make it comply a little. Think of it as an annoyance that keeps cropping up but you let it know who is in charge.

    I know all about the medical system and the lack of humanity. It may be a requirement to get a job(although a few rogue individuals actually allow someone to maintain their dignity).

    -daphnesflight(Carole)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tickets to Germany: Bad Berka

On the refrigerator...

...a long winded story not written all that well.