Some links

02.14.2009: Andrea and I in one of our vintage photobooths... classic!

Not a ton going on today. Ran another 4 miles, despite that it was 25 degrees, followed by some sets of stair running. It feels good to get back into running after the cold ass winter we had. I'm still a little slow since it's been a while, but my muscles are bouncing back. I'm gearing up for my OctreoScan tomorrow. I need to be there at 7:30am to drink some stuff. The scan starts at 11am. So, I plan to be at the hospital for quite some time. Andrea and I had a great time last night. We mixed a little work in with our Valentine's date. I had to fix our vintage photobooth at Bar DeVille, but that gave us some time to have a cocktail and take a few photos to remember the evening! Andrea had to do a screen check for one of her theaters, but that gave us a chance to get a nice dinner, then, see a movie! We saw Slumdog Millionaire which was awesome. I only wish we could travel to India right now... but I guess we're stuck here for a bit until we sort out this Cancer business.

So, the call is out for live liver donors. If you're interested, we love to hear from you. I'll be posting more info later about some of the qualifications. Finding a match is involved, but if we get enough volunteers, we should be able to do it? Yes, it's still a little premature, but we need at least get the word out, because the process take a lot of time...
We're going to inquire about a treatment, relatively new, that's called Y90. Not sure how well it works, or, if we're even eligible. Also, it may not be covered by insurance? So, we'll see.

Here is another good PDF about treating this kind of liver tumor. It's written in "Doctor Speak", so, beware!

Hardcore Data about Primary Carcinoids of the liver: (Still not sure if we're Primary in the liver, but interesting)

In between tests, appointments, etc... we're just trying to do as much research as possible. There's a ton of info out there to wade through, but we want to be informed. Information is half the battle. So, we ask docs, make calls, search trials, read stats etc... I'm not taking too much stock in other peoples cases, only because each Cancer case is different. Also, I'm trying to be as healthy as possible. So, running, eating right and just trying to take care of myself. I want to be in the best shape possible to get my immune system in tip-top shape. Also, if a transplant is in my future, I'll need to be ready physically and mentally!

more later!

Comments

  1. Anthony, we and our families are sending nothing but positive thoughts, energy, strength, and prayers to you and Andrea. I know this is a really personal journey--thanks for allowing everyone who loves you guys into your intimate, important space. Tony and I missed you Thursday night. Hope to see you both very soon.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tickets to Germany: Bad Berka

...a long winded story not written all that well.

On the refrigerator...