Medical Analysis in a Photobooth


Only 4 more days and we're off to Buenos Aires (BA)! I can't wait. My digital travel camera is DEAD! So, we bought a new little point and shoot tonight. Yes, I have like 10 digital cameras, but none of which were suitable for longer trips. I'm also brining some film and a rangefinder for good measure! Above is a series I started this month: Medical Analysis in a Photobooth, or, A Self-Portrait with Cancer. Yes, dramitic title, right! Anyow, it's a work in progress. I think the original pieces look better than the scans, but you get my aesthetic. I've been working with old medical text from my collection, and the text is pulled from my clincal files. Since my diagnois, I've become quite the collector of medical files. Unfortunately, my personal files are not antiqurian, but they are stunninig in their sterile prose.

I've been trying in earnest to scratch-off a ton of tasks on my list before we depart. We're building new booths, fixing old and new ones, and preping for events in my absense. It's hard to tune out for 10 days when you run a small business, but I NEED it! I need a break! Also, whenever I travel, I always come back with a new perspective. There's nothing like a few thousand miles to clear the mind and spirit. And, I'm sure the photobooths will be here when I return!

I've got my eye on purchasing 2 vintage booths here in Chicago. They're dogs, but I think I can clean them up! To be continued....

Comments

  1. Hey Anthony

    Where is your shop? I would like to check it out sometime. Southside?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tickets to Germany: Bad Berka

...a long winded story not written all that well.

On the refrigerator...