Photobooths, Shots & Such...

My monthly shot! Gotta love it. The shot doesn't hurt, but it's sore for 2 days after! Sandostatin LAR: 30mg. I think they increased the dose from 20 to 30?

Some new photos from the photobooth convention courtesy of Brian Meacham / photobooth.net: click photo to view the set. Note my workshop images.

Doing some rewiring on the bench: fixing credit units! These are relays that attach to a bill validator, i.e., thing that takes and counts money!

The Fabrication Facility on Chicago's South Side: Note the photobooth!

A Vintage Model 17C getting ready for refub. I'll post the "after" picks when it's done. It's currently a sad sap, but going to be a gem!

My appointment with Dr. Benson yesterday was long and uneventful. I got the impression that he was not a fan of Woltering's agressive ideology, but he was reserved in his comments. I'm still taking my huge shot everyone month, and have a MRI scan scheduled for June to track disease/ tumor growth. My Capsule endoscopy was messed up or something? The report records that they may have seen a mass, or, maybe it was just food? It's most likely food or something else? So, I'm going in for a colonoscopy next week. Fun!

On other fronts, we're gearing up for our trip to Argentina by trying get things in order here at home. I installed a vintage photobooth at a new bar in West Town, called Crossroads. I need to finish it up tomorrow (Friday). We also dropped off an old Model 17C at our fabrication facility for remodel. We're refurbishing it and converting to digital for a high volume bar in Wrigleyville, right near Wrigley Field. The fabrication facility is HUGE. We just started working with this company. They have everything we can ask for... we'd tell you their name, but it's a secret!! Sorry, a trade secret! But unlike our competitors, all of our new machines will be made right here in the USA! Not in Korea. We're supporting the economy right here at home. Yes, of course, the digital parts are made in Japan... That's hard to fix. Long story short, I make the designs and they orchestrate the production under my direction. We still have to outfit the photographic components and software ourselves, but we can do it at the facility. I'll miss my little shop, but this is going to take quality and design to the next level! And, I'll get to focus more on the design, and less on the actual building. I say cut, they cut. I say paint, they paint. Not bad, right? And, they buy materials in bulk which saves us money. All in, I'm excited to work with this group and looking forward to seeing how our first project pans out. A busy bee, as usual.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tickets to Germany: Bad Berka

On the refrigerator...

...a long winded story not written all that well.