Dr. Baum: Bad Berka, Germany

I have scheduled my Octreoscans (OTS) and MRI for December 21st. It's 3 days of scans, which means 3 days in Omaha again. The OTS scanner / method is supposed to be better at UNMC. This time I think we'll drive to take advantage of the antiques! We saw some great furniture there last time that we would have loved to take home for the Wisconsin house. I have also recently been in touch with Dr. Baum in Bad Berka, Germany. I'm sending them my files for review. Dr. Baum thinks I might be a candidate for PRRT. (watch the videos... an hour total...but full of amazing info once you get past the history in the beginning.) Their scanners are amazing. If nothing else, I think I should go there for a scan to get a better picture of what is happening. From what other patients have told me, a treatment package is about 10,500 EUR (about $17,000 USD). Of course, there is also lodging and airfare. I think the scan alone is about $3000 USD. So, I need to start saving my pennies now, especially if multiple trips and treatments are needed. If the staged resection looks ify, I'm headed to Germany. I'm going to try and hang on to my liver as long as I can... and I don't care if I go bust doing it!! Anyone want to buy a photobooth? Or, maybe some old books?

Currently, I'm fighting some kind of a cold, so, trying to rest a bit. Over Thanksgiving I had some nasty pains in my side that lasted for 3 days or so... I've been having residual pain on/off since, but nothing too bad. The pain is worse mentally, because you can't help but think about what is going on inside... It brings my "mortality" to the forefront of everyday life...

Watch the videos and learn about PRRT

PART 1:



PART 2:

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tickets to Germany: Bad Berka

...a long winded story not written all that well.

On the refrigerator...