...ouch... that's my finger!


Ouch, yes...that is my finger and typing is not so easy! Andrea and I went up to our house in WI over the weekend to do some work. On the way there, I checked the oil on the van only to have the latch spring back and close on my finger. That wasn't so bad becuase the skin was still covering the wound. So, I grabbed some bandages and went on our way... but later in the evening, it got worse. I was installing a new door and jamb, with my father-in-law, into a masonry opening. We needed to install a new door leading into the furnace / utility room under the house... otherwise, the cold air would leach in and burst the pipes, etc. That required building a new custom jamb into the opening... which means Tap-Con masonry screws... as I was driving one of the screws into the jamb, I took my eyes away from the bit to say something to Andrea and presto!! The bandaid got stuck in the drill bit and ripped the skin off the top of my finger.... Awesome! Being about 20 degrees where we were working, at least the finger was cold... Other than that, we made some great progress on the house and things are starting to shape up. We have a lot more to do, but it was nice to take a day off to think about something else. And there was snow too...

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tickets to Germany: Bad Berka

...a long winded story not written all that well.

On the refrigerator...