Great day!

Anthony had a great day ! Because he is otherwise very healthy, the recovery process is going quickly. We had lots of progress today, including: removal of tubes ( used to replace digestive functions), removal of morphine IV, walking up an down the halls, sitting up and breathing in this lung machine. They replaced the old regime with: actually eating a clear liquid diet ( jello, broth, Italian ice ), actually going to the bathroom, and being concious enough to walk around. It's like having a baby who is hitting all kinds of milestones within one day. Sleeping well, peeing, walking, eating solid foods are all grounds for true excitement ! The sooner he can prove that he is functioning normally, the sooner he is out of here. The plan right now is being in the hospital til' Thursday, but knowing Anthony's tendency towards perfection and over-achievement, I'll bet he will be released sooner. I have not been alone in my trip to Omaha with Anthony. His dad, Ralph, and stepmom, Cathy, have been wonderful, taking shifts with me so I can spend the nights here, and they can alternate parts of the day so we can all keep our sanity ( and I can get some fresh air, non- hospital food, and a shower). My mom, dad, sister Sarah, baby Nia and brother in law, Ryan are all here to help me keep my spirits up. They are all doing a fabulous job!! It's so important to have those you love with you while going through something so major. I don't think I could do this without their support. I'm honestly so grateful that the surgery over, that all this seems easy to me. Anthony is truly the one going through one hell of an experience.- Andrea

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tickets to Germany: Bad Berka

...a long winded story not written all that well.

On the refrigerator...