Success!!!!

The surgery is over and was a success!!! We are SO relieved. Dr. Botha was awesome and explained to us how it went. They took out all the huge scary tumors, including the pancreatic primary. They removed his gallbladder and also some lymph nodes.
They didn't see any other cancer on the colon or in the gut, so at this point the majority of remaining tumors are only in the remnant liver and are small ( but plentiful ). They will explore other options once he heals for treating these tumors. The big bad ones are gone, thank god. The photos of the surgery are totally disgusting, but Anthony wants me to post them anyway (always the documentarian). I will do that as soon as I get to a computer. The worst is over, but the hard and risky part is the next 24 hours during recovery. Keep the prayers coming ! Anthony will need them. I'm running only on adrenaline and caffiene, but I won't be able to rest until I see my Anthony this afternoon.

Comments

  1. Blessings to both of you--you are (and have been) in our thoughts and prayers.

    I'm not into blogs (except for reading yours) and haven't figured out before this how to respond.

    Joanne (for Joanne and Robert)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had a successful surgery. You are going to heal great and in a few weeks you will feel better than ever!!
    Thanks for updating your blog!
    Sue, wife of Scott (islet cell, whipple 11/09)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tickets to Germany: Bad Berka

...a long winded story not written all that well.

On the refrigerator...