back on the bus...

The back door of a sweet mexi-bus.... San Francisco, 2010

Tomorrow I go in for an EUS at RUSH. (FYI: EUS exams suck...). Then, Thursday I head to NYC to meet with Dr. Reidy at Sloan Kettering. Basically, I'll be consulting her about my options. I'm looking for a third party opinion. Sloan is not particularly known for their PNET work, but Dr. Reidy has proven to me to be a "smart cookie" with honest intentions. Frankly, the "US NET experts" have been less than impressive. (i.e., Mt. Sinai, LSU, Iowa, Etc.... I exclude UNMC in this category because they don't explicitly claim to be NET experts, just damn good surgeons and people...).
Once I have some more info and advice, I'll take the next step. It's going to be chemo, inhibitor drugs, surgery, or a combo of sorts. None of the options are great.... and I really like my hair. As before, I feel fine. I've never felt sick. I only feel bad after I'm sliced, diced, drugged, poked and prodded. I'd probably be better off just eating my vegetables and taking my chances.

Comments

  1. Anthony

    Hang in there.

    Check out the front page story of the Tribune online about Grant Achatz.

    Best

    Steve

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tickets to Germany: Bad Berka

...a long winded story not written all that well.

On the refrigerator...