birthday queen

I've been slowly working on a new series of collaged negatives... But this time.... I'm mixing it up. I physically alter the negatives then head into the darkroom for printing. I then further work and collage into the final print. -This is a new for process for me. With this particular piece, I currently have 9 variations. Each one is entirely unique. I've also been printing on Kodak vintage paper that I got from a good friend of mine. Some of this paper must be at least 30+ years old . I just love the way it fogs and has a real antique feel. Technically, the paper going bad and the silver content somewhat fugitive. Nevertheless, I just love how inconsistent it is!


On other fronts, the studio and store front is looking awesome. We now have all of our Impossible Project ("Polaroid") film out for sale. I'll be posting some images of the shop shortly. Tomorrow, I have another MRI. From there, if we see further growth and/or tumor aggression, we move toward chemo. No matter what the results, I have already decided to defer chemo until after I visit the Block Center for Integrative Medicine. -It's right here in Chicago. It's not hokie-pokie stuff either, but a real approach to treating cancer with real doctors. My first appointment is April 11th. If I do need chemo, they will help to get my body ready with diet, mediation, and lifestyle changes.


More to follow... of course.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tickets to Germany: Bad Berka

...a long winded story not written all that well.

On the refrigerator...