20 questions... ?

Vernacular Photography.... aka, an old photo of a lower denture plate...from the collection.


So, tomorrow, I'm talking to my doctor about recent tests, treatment options, etc... I've compiled a list of questions, albeit, cheesy.... but, necessary. It ain't poetry....


· What type of neuroendocrine tumor (NET) do I have?
· How can we identify the other liver lesions, not able to be biopsied?
· Should I take a Chromogranin A blood test?
· Is it a Typical or Atypical NET?
· What is the stage of my cancer? What does this mean in my case?
· Has my cancer spread beyond the liver? Is this most likely secondary liver cancer?
· How well is my liver working?
· What other organs does the cancer affect? Is it in the lower GI (Primary)? Elsewhere?
· Can you explain my pathology report to me?
· Can surgery be done to remove all of my cancer?
· Can you explain Carcinoid Crisis. Is this typical with surgery for this type of cancer?
· How much experience do you have in treating this type of cancer?
· What are my treatment options? What treatment do you recommend? Why?
· What clinical trials are open to me?
· What are the possible side effects of this treatment, both in the short term and the long term?
· How will this treatment affect my daily life? Will I be able to work, exercise, and perform my usual activities?
· How long will treatment last? What will it involve? Where will it be done?
· How long should I anticipate recovery, or, inability to work?
· What are the potential side effects of treatment, both in the short term and long term?
· What medications will reduce side effects?
· How will treatment affect my daily life?
· What should I do to get ready for treatment?
· What would we do if the treatment doesn't work or if the cancer comes back?
· Is liver transplant an option, if so, am I eligible? (How can we avoid the necessity for transplant??)
· What follow-up tests will I need, and how often will I need them?
· What are my chances of survival, based on my cancer as you see it?
· Where can I get more information on my diagnosis and treatment?
· Where might I seek a second opinion for my treatment?

Comments

  1. Hey Anthony,

    I don't want to say the cheesy stuff, but I'm so sorry to hear you and Andrea are going through such a tough time!

    I will be keeping you in my prayers. (After our great road trip i bet you didn't think i was the praying type! - Don't worry i'm not a churchy fanatical i just have my own personal beliefs)

    ANYWAY... I'm sure everyone is giving you their own two cents of advice and words.. i hope mine are worth a little.. My partner's grandfather was young (but older than you are now) i think he was in his 40s when it was discovered he had liver cancer.. he had a very large tumour and they had to remove it leaving him with a very small portion (? don't know if thats the right terminology) of his liver... as it regenerates (be it over a very long time) he is now 76 years old..he has had a great life living in the south of spain for the last 20 years!

    I hope with all the advances and knowledge there now is you get your treatment over and done with to then make a speedy recovery.

    Make sure you get ALL your questions answered..

    All my love to you both
    Cynthia.

    ps.. I love your photo booth shots!
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tickets to Germany: Bad Berka

...a long winded story not written all that well.

On the refrigerator...