back to work!

Me, in my Digital-Retro Booth, February 5th, 2009: Less then 24hrs after diagnosis...

So, today was productive with respect to work! Got a bunch of contracts and emails out in the morning. I also dropped off my "Jug" at U of C this morning. Then, Paul made an awesome lunch, (THANKS PAUL!!!) and I got to hang out with my good friends at Yamashiro Studio. I've known them for years and they're great people to work with. But they're even better friends! And, Paul has always been a stellar cook. So, I plan on dropping in more if he's going to keep up these lunches! ...how about something Italian, say, meatballs, ravioli and a good meat sauce??? :)

The liver surgeon's nurse at U of C called me today. (I guess she's the transplant coordinator?). At this point, they're just waiting for me to make the call if I want to meet for a more thorough evaluation. I'm obviously going to hold off. After much thought and discussion, I'm going to wait to get more answers and options from Northwestern (NW). I have time, so, not going to rush into this transplant. Also, I'm concerned that my Oncologists have stopped looking for the primary? I think we need to take another look, and I'm going to ask them about it. I just found out that my U of C Oncologist is 32 years old??? No offense, she's smart and all, but an attending at 32 for Cancer?? Maybe for a mainstream Cancer, but NET? 32, are you fucking joking? I want someone who has been to battle and back... lost some soldiers, but also carried a few out of the burning flames! I want somone who has contributed to a bunch of trials, journals, publications, etc. etc.. I want a GURU! I felt like this doctor was reading out of a text book...? I have a feeling Dr. Benson at NW will be much more in tune with NET. Afterall, it's one of his specialties! And, he has contributed to Cancer research. I'm just not too confident with the route the U of C docs are pushing me. And, after talking to Kari (mycarcinoidstory.com) last night, I think I can actually manage this thing? Unless Benson and/or others give me some news I'm not expecting? And from what I've experienced thus far, anything can happen, good and bad. And if treament options fail, and I'm still around in 10-15 years, well, maybe then we do a transplant, if I'm still eligable? Right now, we just need more info before we get ahead of ourselves. I have a tendency to do that... Time to step back, gather more info and tap new resources. My follow-up with U of C Oncology is this Thursday.

On other fronts, I checked out some potential vintage booths for sale. They were steaming piles of crap! I would have bought them given the right price, but they were nasty. Some of my new digital booth designs are coming along, and generally, business is steady. Our fabrication schedule is about to pick up, since we're working on some builds for bar clients. Other than that, gearing up for the 2009 IPC and trying to stay sane. Work is keeping me going, but I'm also trying to focus on the "Big Picture". Trying to focus more on my personal work, and of course, my wife! Family & friends first... then books, then art, then photobooths, then....whatever else, it doesn't really matter. So long as your happy.

Comments

  1. It is good to see you in a gay Mexican mood! Ole'

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tickets to Germany: Bad Berka

...a long winded story not written all that well.

On the refrigerator...