surgical instruction in a photobooth

Photobooth Portrait: 03/18/2009: Surgical instruction in a photobooth. Book plates from a early 19th century manuscript. Acquired in Amsterdam, 2007.

I’ve been quiet on the blog over the last few days. I’ve been working, staying busy… We’re gearing up for the convention, as well as trying to finish those custom orders. Also, the weather has been great. I set-up one of the vintage booths in the shop, since we’re now at a point where I can leave the chemicals over night without the heater on. I’ve also been organizing the darkroom, and working on some computer and other misc. projects. And grrr… not to forget, one of my vintage booths in a very profitable bar had a major meltdown! There was much cursing!!! I spent St. Patrick’s Day in a bar, but I was fixing a booth, not drinking! Except for one O’douls (non-alcoholic). I had to perform some serious surgery on the booth’s strobe unit. Hence the inspiration for my piece today. I’m working on a series of photobooth portraits from antiquarian manuscripts.

On the Cancer front, I finally have my Capsule Endoscopy Friday, which means I’m basically on a liquid diet for the next 48hrs. Sucks! Also, been talking to Dr. Woltering’s office in New Orleans. Tomorrow, I have to call back for an appointment.

Also, I’ve been thinking about making my blog public. Right now it’s on the net, but not in the crawls. (i.e., search engines…) I’m not looking to advertise my life, but at the same time, would welcome others with NET to ask questions… or, simply contact me for support? I’ve been corresponding with a lot of cool people I met online, and feel they’ve helped me a great deal. I’d like to be able to do the same thing? So, we’ll see. Still thinking about what that means. –to go public, that is.

Comments

  1. I told you this before but I think your blog is important. Make it public.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tickets to Germany: Bad Berka

...a long winded story not written all that well.

...oh, really? shit....headed home