Buenos Aires: La Tierra de no Fotos de Cabinas

Buenos Aires: The Land of no Photobooths. I want to make it clear that we have searched high and low and have found NO photobooths here in BA. We have asked manyy people, and get nothing but puzzled looks. Only one person told us that he remembered BA having booths in the 80's, but I suspect he was mistaken. There are no chemical, or even modern digital booths in this city. Furthermore, in searching for photos, I have found NO photobooth images throughout my travels. I did find one Photomaton, but suspect it was from Spain, France, or somewhere else in Europe, transported back to BA. I spoke with a very well versed photo dealer here in BA, and he explained that photobooths were never popular in Argentina. He also noted that he had never seen a Photomaton piece before... which astonished me. I guess it makes sense... the photobooth is somehow a quintessential American (US) thing. After all, it was invented by a New Yorker. But I do find it strange... why did Hammer pants make it to Argentina, and not photobooths?

Comments

  1. I think all the Photobooths are in Peru and few are in Chile. But Argentina, Uruguay and Brasil are Photoboothless. Bolovia is slathered in Photobooths.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tickets to Germany: Bad Berka

...a long winded story not written all that well.

On the refrigerator...