A day hunting for antiquedades


Me, searching the goodies at the flea market.

Local Street Scenery, San Telmo.
Pieces by a local artsit. I bought a few from her on the street, but these are some samples from her Flickr site.

We spent almost all day hunting for antiques in the markets and stores. I bought a great 1940's medium format camera which I've never seen in the States. I also picked up some odd postcards, memorial cards, and a decent mourning photo All in, $42 USD. Our dollar is going much further in the BA flea markets, as opposed to the ones in Europe.

I have not yet found any prints (lithos, etchings, etc.) worthy of purchase, and light on the photos. Things are cheaper here, but I've been a little more descerning with my acquisitions. Also, my bargaining skills are hampered. As soon as they know my Spanish is poor, and that I speak English, it's over. It's like I'm a big fish... this was typical throughout Europe too. In the States, I can bargain hard... but here it's more difficult. We've gotten a few deals, but looking for the score still! Nevertheless, things are dirt cheap, for the most part. Andrea has yet to find something to her taste... she too is holding out for the perfect find.

I did however find an amazing dealer of vernacular photography. It's a big shop and the prices are very good. It was late in the day, so I'm going back Friday to check it out again. When I gave him my Museum card he pulled out some nice pieces, so now I have him searching for me!

I still have yet to see or find a photobooth!

Comments

  1. Hey Anthony

    The photos looks awesome. More please.

    Questions:
    How's the architecture?
    What does your apartment building look like? What does the City look like?
    Have you eaten any delicious Argentine beef?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tickets to Germany: Bad Berka

...a long winded story not written all that well.

On the refrigerator...