Off to New Orleans: Dr. Woltering

I had my 3rd Sandostatin shot (30mg) on Friday (05/08). Strange... I used to hate needles, now, I find them somewhat fascinating. The nurses probably think I'm a freak, since I'm always taking pictures... I guess most Cancer patients don't do that?

I've been away from the blog for a while... not because I needed a break, but because I just couldn't find the time. True to form, work is busy as usual on all fronts. If I'm not working the photobooths, I'm busy researching this disease. On Tuesday of last week, I made the 2.5 hour trip via car to Madison, Wisconsin to the NET symposium. It was worth every mile! The conference wasn't all that great, but Dr. Warner and Woltering were there. So, I got a chance to talk with them briefly. I was also able to ask the NET panel some questions... I asked them about the importance of finding the primary tumor, and all agreed, it's very important to treatment! Long story short, the current thought for NET treatment is a multifaceted approach. That it, using a combination of surgery (debulking, resection, etc.), with drugs (Sandostatin), and directed therapies (Liver treatments like Radio, Y90, etc..). With that said, the "wait and see" approach is no longer in favor. I had initially suspected Dr. Warner to be a wait and see doc, but after my conversation with him, think he's a bit more aggressive than suspected. I'll wait for my official consult before making further judgement. All in, it looks as though I will live with Cancer for the remainder of my life. This much is almost certain. It's not terrible, just something you have to manage, like anything else. Will Cancer kill me? Maybe... but I could also get killed by a tornado next week? I can't worry too much about that kind of stuff, since expectations are by default, flawed from the get-go. With that said, I'm in research mode...

FYI: Madison, WI has a NET clinic... how I missed that is beyond me? Dr. Warner noted that I could take consultation from either him or Woltering, and receive my treatment in Wisconsin.... surgery that is, if it's deemed feasible for my case. I'm beginning to think that Northwestern is better suited for mainstream Cancers. NET only occurs 1/100,000 people, where as breast Cancer is something like 1/8, or, 1/10. Correct me if my stats are wrong.


catalyst ranch photobooth LR

Photobooths: I finally picked up those 2 vintage model 14 photobooths this week. On the event front, last night we did a really fun vintage event for Yelp! Those are always a good time: free food and drinks! In an effort to further promote the business end of my photobooth endeavors, I started a new blog: http://blog.312photobooth.com/. Visit that blog to see what's going on in that part of my life. Of course, I'll still post here, but will try to link over to the 312 blog. (It's kind of an SEO thing... which help with how search engines find our 312photobooth site).

Well, that's kind of what's going on. We're off tomorrow morning to New Orleans. I'll be meeting with Woltering on Tuesday. When I get a chance, I'll post the details of the visit. Until then....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tickets to Germany: Bad Berka

...a long winded story not written all that well.

On the refrigerator...