Update (pause before the storm)

A Zoltar Machine...
H.H. Bennett's Studio...detail

After yet another long pause from the blog, I'm back with a quick update. After my EUS procedure earlier this month, I've been talking with Dr. Warner and the Surgeon, Dr. Shafir at Mount Sinai in NYC about further treatment. As it stands, I will make a quick flight back to NYC in September to consult the surgeon in person. From our phone conversations, the course is as follows:

1. Use RFA (Radio Frequency Ablation) to debulk the large and small tumors.
2. Resect a few of some of the smaller tumors for tissue sampling
3. Possible exploratory surgery to search for primary, remove primary and potential lymph nodes if found.

According to the surgeon, the large tumor is NOT in a good location. To resect it surgically, it would require removing 3/4 of my liver. This is not a viable and/or safe option at this time, since my liver is functioning relatively well. This large tumor is at the edge of being responsive to RFA, so, it may require multiple treatments. Therefore, it's imperative that we start working on it now, rather than "waiting and seeing". I still need to discuss other potential treatments, risks, etc., but the plan is to get surgery in November. I have a follow-up MRI and chest CT in a few weeks to monitor disease growth. The pain in my side has been getting worse, or, at least not getting better. So, we'll see what that means?

On other fronts, I've been focusing on the Museum collection a bit more, as well as some other photography projects. We sold another digital booth to a client in the UK, which is currently in the design phase. Also, been working on software upgrades for the booths, new designs for locations, and some top-secret paper and chemical projects. Our new booth at the Rocking Horse is doing well, with some issues, typical for a new install. As always, staying beyond busy. Somehow, last month, I managed to rack up a $1002 cell phone bill... yeah, figure that one out! Obviously, I'm on the phone a lot! Needless to say, we switched to an unlimited calling plan!! All in business and my projects are well. I just did two interviews for MoMP, one of which was for Eyemazing Magazine, out of Amsterdam.

September - October is slammed with photobooth events, so Andrea and I took the oppurtunity to skip town for a long weekend. We went up to the Wisconsin Dells area with a bunch of friends. We did some antiquing, boating, drinking, mini-golf, and plenty of eating... and of course, relaxing (Even though I did have a laptop and iPhone...) Unfortunately, no cell phone service or internet! I also made time to go the H.H. Bennett museum and studio. Bennett was one of the great pioneer photographers, who also helped to make the Dells famous. It was a cool place and worth the $7 admission. I found some great new vernacular photos for the collection, and spent plenty of time taking photos of my own. Also, I found my next venture... Zoltar machines (Thik Tom Hanks / Big)! I'm going to start making them... buying them, etc... just like the photobooths. But I think mine will be a little crazier and more interactive? I'm working some things out... It's going to rule. And oh, finally getting around to installing "real" heat in the shop and a new alarm system. Phew... and that's not even all of it. But hey, that's what has been going on. Nothing earth shattering...
Things are about to get crazy again very soon, so if I go MIA, it's because I'm doing something, not becasue I'm dead or disabled, so stop freaking! :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tickets to Germany: Bad Berka

...a long winded story not written all that well.

On the refrigerator...