bull fight...

A bull fight...a found photo, from the collection.

Today was much better... The Fentanyl (pain drug) they gave me yesterday made me sick with vomiting and a nasty headache. It was like I drank a liter of Vodka. -And it was not fun. The only thing that seemed to help was mint chocolate chip ice cream. The mint and cold helped with the nausea. and of course, it's easier to throw up, since it melts on the way down. (nice visual, right?) When the drug subsided, it left me with a good amount of pain in the middle of the night. This morning I was sluggish, the pain has started to subside a bit. I got a good deal of work done via email, etc. so the day was not lost. I have a few meetings and obligations this week, but for the most part, I'm going to try and take it easy. I'm working to confirm the surgery date, which is now tentative sometime between April 19th - 23rd. I'll have to have a scan first to assess the liver growth. Hopefully 6 weeks will yeild enough growth for surgery. If no growth, we'll have to try alternate methods to encourage growth. Supposedly, there is a 4% chance that the procedure (PVE) will not be successful. The pain from the future surgery will be much greater than this little PVE procedure. So, I'm getting my self physically and mentally ready over the next 6 weeks.

Comments

  1. Shit, there was an Intervention for a girl who was addicted to Fenatnyl, it was off the rails. She was sucking on these lolipops all day long. That stuff is crazy.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tickets to Germany: Bad Berka

...a long winded story not written all that well.

On the refrigerator...