still here...

Some recent "poses" in a photobooth (testing for an event...) I rock a mean ukulele...

The beautiful Andrea... after the show, looking majestic as ever...

Me at a show...scowling as usual. Andrea at the camera...
These recent photos are proof that we are still alive...and, looking good!

I’ve been laying low, avoiding the blog, phone calls and email…not in any particular order. I just haven’t had much to say and needed a good rest. At just about 7 weeks post-surgery, I’m moving around and back to work. I’ve lost about 10-12lbs, which I don’t really mind…. I’m still a little slow and limited to lifting 25lbs or less, but I’m feeling well. Andrea’s back is doing better too. I haven’t gotten out much since returning home after surgery. I’ve made it out a few times for social engagements, and a few times for work. Last week, Andrea and I went to the Museum on a whim, which was great. And lately, we’ve been watching the Blackhawks in the Stanley Cup finals. Admittedly, I’m not a hockey fan, but it’s an addicting series. These guys are just pummeling each other on the ice! Of course, the wedding season is in full swing with photobooth rentals and we’re in high gear again. I’ve also managed to get some light shop work done for a photobooth headed to the Dominican Republic. And how could I forget??? Our 1950’s vintage Model-11 Photobooth (a very rare find) recently arrived from Alaska (this was very exciting!). There have been some other projects in the mix too. I’ve also been getting some good reading done. Currently, “Collecting: An Unruly Passion” by Werner Muensterberger. I started reading it when I was working on my M.Arch Thesis, but never finished it. Returning to it from the beginning, I find some flaws in the author’s argument, but also some things that hit close to home. (I’m a bit biased). The author examines the motivations of the “collector” which, possibly, provides some insight into my own habits. I’ll have to craft a final report when I’m done with the book. Thus far, I’m suspect yet receptive.

Health wise, I’ve been talking with the folks at Rush University med Center (Cancer Center). I have an appointment to meet with a team at Rush to discuss how we might proceed in the future. Basically, I’m shopping doctors and looking for some “team players” who will work with UNMC and Dr. Baum in Germany. I also have a follow-up MRI to assess the liver growth, etc. We’re not planning anything immediately, but there are liver tumors remaining and I’m determined to deal with them. We will certainly return to Germany for another scan in January, assuming all goes according to plan (Per Dr. Baum). Speaking of which, we are still waiting on pathology / DNA results from Germany.

There have been dozens of stories in my mind, written and blog ready. I’ve had PLENTY of time to mull over everything from local little league games to global warming…the stories are all still there tucked away, but my fingers currently feel short of the keys. I think I’ll save them for a rainy day… right now I have other things to do.

Comments

  1. Hang in there - glad you are doing better -- look forward to meeting you one of these days in Germany --

    jam

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tickets to Germany: Bad Berka

...a long winded story not written all that well.

On the refrigerator...