"...survey says..."

 MRI: December 8th, 2010
I had my follow-up labs and scan on December 8th. The results were mixed. Labs are OK and the liver looks good. Levels are a bit skewed, but nothing major. ith respect to there MRI, there are "at least" 6 tumors remaining in the left area of the liver (that's the old section). It looks like there are no new tumors in the "new" liver at this time. The remaining tumors are stable or possibly even smaller than the previous scan. That's good news.... at best, the tumors could be smaller from the PRRT treatment. If nothing else, it's a minor imaging error and they are stable. This is good news. Unfortunately, there is a lymh node that is "irregularly shaped" and "enlarging". The local docs wanted to do an EUS and potential biobsy, but I opted to wait for the trip to Germany in just a few weeks. The node is near the heart area (epicardial). Worst case #1: It's NET that has spread to the node outide the liver, which would exclude me from liver directed therapies like Y90 therespheres. It could then only be treated by surgery or PRRT. Worst case#2: It is a new and/or hybrid cancer... of an unknown type and origin. This is a possibility. Once again, this would require treatment vie surgery or some kind of chemo. Best case, it's an anomaly or an imaging error? Local docs are concerned, yet me Surgical team is not. I'm still waiting for Baum to weigh in. A lot of these questions will be answered in the coming weeks and month. So, just when I was starting to feel like a real human again post-surgery, reality gave me a little slap. Oh yeah, forgot I had cancer.... bummer.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tickets to Germany: Bad Berka

...a long winded story not written all that well.

On the refrigerator...