Booths, Bodies, Trucks and More...




Booths & Bodies: The life and work of Anthony Vizzari from Philip Bloom on Vimeo.

A few weeks back my good old friend Sarah Estella came to visit our studios with camera "rock star" Philip Bloom. It was great to see Sarah again, as always.... but it was also a pleasure to meet Philip, who is a machine (in a good way) in his camera wrangling. As a still photographer myself, it was fun to watch him move about, pan, twist, swap lenses, etc. As a subject, I felt like I knew Phillip for years, but just met him that day. The result was a well shot documentary short. (I wish my voice was cooler and I looked more like George Clooney, but hey... you work with what you got!).

Philip literally has THOUSANDS of followers. I was on the road hauling photobooths from North Carolina to Chicago (AKA The Junkin' Trail). So, when my email box started exploding from the road, I was caught a bit off guard. The cool thing is that I'm not alone... other people also like vintage cameras. Well, what do you know! I guess that validates all my purchases over the last 16 years?

On other fronts.... we now have yet another new workshop. -This one is in Chicago. Our stock of photobooths is also now hovering somewhere around 70 machines. Also, back in September, my MRI scans came back stable again. I hope this means my diet is helping (because my stress levels surely are not in line). That makes for 6 months stable, for which I can't ask for more! Next scan in January. Andrea and I take off for the UK and Europe on Tuesday for two weeks. My hope is that I can check out and relax for a few weeks with a few new (old) cameras. -London, Nottingham, Amsterdam, Paris... and maybe some other stops along the way.

Comments

  1. Anthony,

    Philip Bloom's beautiful short documentary about you touched my heart. I love people who are passionate, the object of passion doesn't matter to me. Whatever makes life worthwhile whether it is recumbent bicycles, quilts, folk art, amateur archeology, brick ovens, baking bread, bocce or photography, we should go at it with gusto!

    Paul

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tickets to Germany: Bad Berka

...a long winded story not written all that well.

On the refrigerator...