polaroid epitaphs: bird vs. ship

all I ever wanted was to destroy myself.
…but instead, I ended up destroying you.
I was a battleship and you were
a duck,
a swan,
a water bird of some kind.

with your arms around my shoulders,
I felt the weight of all
my words drowning us both.

and even while gasping for air,
you held tighter.

I was a battleship and you were
silk to a cigarette.

with the start of one small smoldering hole,
the entire cloth was
devoured
thread
by
thread.


***For those who don't get it... this is not an autobiogrical work or post. This is indeed fiction, part of my ongoing series, "Polaroid Epitpahs". http://polaroidepitaphs.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tickets to Germany: Bad Berka

...a long winded story not written all that well.

On the refrigerator...